This post may contain affiliate links/ads and I may earn a small commission when you click on the links/ads at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You can read my full disclaimer here.
Laptops and smartphones have WiFi cards inbuilt. Sadly, that’s not the case with most Desktop PCs. You’ll need an external USB WiFi adapter or an internal WiFi card for a PC if you want to enjoy the internet wirelessly.
In this post, I am going to show you the 5 Best WiFi cards for PC. Be it for gaming, streaming 4k videos or for an average user who just wants to browse the internet wirelessly, I got you covered.
Here’s the summary of the best WiFi cards for PC:
|WiFi Card for PC||Link to Product|
|TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 (Archer TX3000E)||See details at Amazon|
|ASUS PCE-AC88 Dual-Band 4×4 AC3100||See details at Amazon|
|Asus AX3000 (Pce-AX58BT)||See details at Amazon|
|TP-Link AC1200 (Archer T5E)||See details at Amazon|
|Cudy WE3000 AX||See details at Amazon|
Note: The WiFi cards mentioned in this post is not in any ranking order. Choose the right WiFi card according to your needs and budget.
I want you to consider the following things before proceeding with the post.
1. The WiFi cards for PC mentioned in this post may require drivers to work properly. These drivers are shipped along with the card on a CD or you can download it from the official website (recommended – as you’ll get the latest drivers).
2. Some of these WiFi cards have Bluetooth included, which will require an internal USB port on the motherboard. You have to use the Bluetooth header cable included in the box to connect it.
3. The external antennas that ship with these WiFi cards are great, but you can also use any aftermarket wireless antenna to boost the performance. Just make sure the antenna is compatible with the WiFi card you’re purchasing.
4. All these WiFi cards for PC has standard and low-profile brackets included in the package. However, double-check this before purchasing the WiFi card.
5. To use the full potential of these PCIe cards, a WiFi 6 router is recommended that offers all the latest features (OFDMA, MU-MIMO, WPA3 etc.).
6. Although, these WiFi cards will work without any problems on most operating systems. Even so, do your research if you’re planning to use an operating system that is not recommended by the manufacturer.
(If you are looking for a WiFi card for Linux PC, then check out my other post regarding PCIe WiFi cards for Linux.)
Best WiFi Cards for PC
The first PCIe adapter on this best WiFi card for PC list is the TP-Link Archer TX3000E. It ships with an Intel WiFi chipset that has the latest WiFi 6 technology.
This is a dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi card for PC with a maximum speed of up to 2400 Mbps on the 5 GHz band and up to 574 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band.
Moreover, Archer TX3000E is also equipped with OFDMA and MU-MIMO technologies that ensure the most efficient WiFi connection by reducing lag and allowing more devices to communicate simultaneously. This makes it a great WiFi card for your PC especially if you’re into gaming.
As for the antennas, Archer TX3000E has 2 multi-directional antennas. These high-performance antennas are shipped with a magnetized base. Therefore, you can easily place them in an optimal location to get the best signal reception.
Having an integrated Bluetooth 5.0 support is just the icing on the cake. Now you can connect all your favourite devices like controllers, headphones, wireless keyboards etc. without needing any additional Bluetooth adapters on your PC.
TP-Link Archer TX3000E also supports the latest WPA3 security standard, so you can use your WiFi with peace of mind.
To use the full potential of this WiFi card on a PC, a WiFi 6 router is recommended. However, if you don’t have one right now, then don’t worry, Archer TX3000E is backwards compatible with older 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n standards.
If you are a gamer or someone who want to stream high-quality videos without lag, then this WiFi card is what you’re looking for.
- WiFi 6 Compatibility with Intel WiFi 6 chipset.
- Maximum Speed of up to 2402 Mbps (5 GHz) & 574 Mbps (2.4 GHz).
- 2 multi-directional and high-performance antennas with a magnetized base.
- Equipped with OFDMA and MU-MIMO technologies.
- Supports WPA3 security standard.
- Bluetooth 5.0 is included to connect controllers, headphones, wireless keyboards and other Bluetooth devices.
- Backwards compatible with 802.11ac/a/b/g/n standards.
The next on this best WiFi card for PC list is the ASUS PC-AC88. Unlike the previously mentioned TP-Link Archer TX3000E WiFi card, this one doesn’t have WiFi 6 support.
This dual-band WiFi Card offers maximum speeds of up to 2100 Mbps on the 5GHz band and up to 1000 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band.
It has a quad antenna (four-transmit, four-receive) design along with AiRadar beamforming support. Not only that, but it also offers MU-MIMO support that allows more devices to communicate simultaneously.
You can place the antenna on the magnetized base and adjust its position for the best signal reception. You can also attach the individual antennas directly into the PCIe card for a compact setup.
ASUS PCE-AC88 also has a customized heatsink design for improved stability and reliability. So, don’t fret about performing any bandwidth-intensive tasks like all-night gaming. This card can easily handle all the heavy-duty work without impacting the performance of the WiFi Card.
ASUS makes great computer equipment; this is one of those. If you’re looking for a WiFi card for PC that can handle heavy stuff like gaming, streaming etc. then this card will be a great addition to your rig.
- Dual-band (2.4 and 5 GHz) Wi-Fi PCI Express adapter.
- Maximum Speeds of up to Wi-Fi speeds of up to 2100Mbps (5GHz) and 1000Mbps (2.4GHz).
- Quad antenna design with AiRadar beamforming support.
- MU-MIMO support is available.
- Flexible antenna placement with Magnetized base.
- Specialized heatsink design for improved stability and reliability.
- Individual antennas can be attached directly to the PCIe card for compact installation.
Another ASUS device on this best Wifi Card for PC list, but this one utilizes the WiFi 6 technology.
ASUS Pce-AX58BT model is a dual-band WiFi adapter that offers a maximum speed of up to 3000 Mbps. Along with OFDMA and MU-MIMO support, this PCIe adapter can handle even the busiest network with ease ensuring efficient, stable, and faster transmission.
As for the antenna, ASUS Pce-AX58BT ships with 2 external antennas with a magnetic base. You can easily adjust these antennas for better coverage and signal reception.
You can also connect headphones, wireless keyboards, controllers and other Bluetooth devices with your PC as this adapter has Bluetooth 5.0 inbuilt.
Also, you don’t have to worry about security because ASUS Pce-AX58BT uses the latest WPA3 network security. So, you can have peace of mind while using your WiFi.
If you want a budget dual-band WiFi card for your PC with WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0 support, then give this PCIe adapter a go.
- WiFi 6 Compatible PCIe adapter.
- Max Speed up to 3000 Mbps.
- 2 external antennas with a magnetic base allow adjusting the antenna for better coverage and reception.
- Bluetooth 5.0 is included to easily connect all your favourite Bluetooth devices.
- Supports WPA3 network security.
- OFDMA and MU-MIMO technologies are included for efficient, stable, and faster transmission.
TP-Link Archer T5E is a dual-band WiFi card for PC. It offers a maximum speed of up to 867 Mbps on the 5GHz band and up to 300 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band.
Archer T5E has 2 detachable external antennas. These high-gain antennas ensure better range and enhanced stability that allows you to enjoy 4K streaming and gaming without any interruptions.
It also has integrated Bluetooth 4.2 technology along with WPA/WPA2 network security.
This WiFi card doesn’t have Wifi 6 support, latest Bluetooth 5.0 or WPA3 security. However, Archer T5E is a great addition to your old PC that doesn’t require all the latest stuff.
- Dual Band (2.4 and 5GHz) WiFi PCIe adapter.
- Maximum speeds of up to 867 Mbps (5 GHz) and 300 Mbps (2.4 GHz) band.
- Bluetooth 4.2 included.
- 2 detachable external high-gain antennas for better range and enhanced stability.
- Supports WPA/WPA2 network security.
- Low-Profile and Full Height Brackets are provided in the box for both standard and mini-tower computer cases.
The last on this list is Cudy WE3000 AX WiFi card for PC. It is equipped with an Intel AX200 WiFi chipset that supports the WiFi 6 technology.
This dual-band WiFi card can reach a maximum speed of up to 2400 Mbps on the 5 GHz band and up to 574 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band. Not to mention, WE3000 utilizes OFDMA technology that reduces lag and offers smooth gaming or VR experience.
As for antennas, this PCIe adapter has 2 detachable high gain omnidirectional antennas to ensure a stable and reliable connection.
Just like most other WiFi cards for PC mentioned on this list, Cudy WE3000 is equipped with Bluetooth (5.0) technology to connect your favourite devices without the need for any other additional adapter.
Moreover, it also has the latest WPA3 security to keep your network safe from attackers ensuring peace of mind. Also, this WiFi card is backwards compatible with the older 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n standards.
Cudy WE3000 is a great budget alternative to the above mentioned TP-Link and Asus WiFi cards for PC. If you want all the latest features without spending too much, then make sure you check out this WiFi card for your PC.
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 chipset Included for WiFi 6 support.
- Maximum speeds of up to 2402 Mbps (5 GHz) and 574 Mbps (2.4 GHz) band.
- 2 detachable High Gain Antennas.
- Bluetooth 5.0 included that is also backwards compatible with Bluetooth 4.0.
- Equipped with the latest WPA3 network security.
- Backwards compatible with 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n standards.
- Low-profile and standard brackets are included in the box.
This concludes the best WiFi card for PC list. The antennas that ship with these cards are great. However, as I mentioned earlier, you can use any aftermarket wireless antenna with these PCIe adapters for better signal reception and boosting overall performance.